Run the Royal Parks Half Marathon
When: Sunday 11 October 2020
Minimum fundraising target: £400
Running the Royal Parks Half Marathon for Learn to Love to Read will help change the lives of children and young people struggling with reading. If you run for Learn to Love to Read you will receive:
An hour’s free coaching from Steve McCann, aka the running man ( www.the-running-man.co.uk )
A Learn to Love to Read running top
Tailored fundraising advice to help you achieve your target
Support on the day from the Learn to Love to Read team
The chance to share your story on our social media channels
About the event
The Royal Parks Half Marathon takes place in central London and follows a beautiful 13.1 mile route taking in the capital’s world-famous landmarks on closed roads, and four of London’s eight Royal Parks – Hyde Park, The Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens.
Why run for Learn to Love to Read?
27% of children left primary school in 2019 unable to read at the expected level. Becoming a confident reader will change a child’s life. With your support we can help more children learn to love to read.
How to apply?
Please complete the form below. Do not forget to read our terms and conditions before applying.
- You are required to pay a £25 registration fee to secure your place in the event. This fee is non-refundable.
- Learn to Love to Read only has a limited number of places for each event, and therefore no guarantees can be given that your application will be successful. We also reserve the right to refuse any application at our absolute discretion, without providing reasons for doing so. We will contact you in due course to confirm the status of your application.
- Each charity place represents an important and valuable source of fundraising for us. As we have made an investment to be able to offer places at events therefore you must commit to raising at least the minimum sponsorship of £400 for Learn to Love to Read. This does not include Gift Aid or match funding. The minimum sponsorship should be received by Learn to Love to Read within one month of the event.
- Please note that all monies that you raise in connection with the event are held on trust for Learn to Love to Read and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with an event are paid to us.
- I will comply with any fundraising guidance or advice by Learn to Love to Read.
- I will use Learn to Love to Read fundraising material to fundraise and will return any unused materials on completion of the event.
- I will only use lawful means of fundraising and will not do anything to harm Learn to Love to Read’s reputation.
- You will not be able to defer your place in the event if you are unable to take part due to injury or any other reason. If you are unable to take part in the event, any sponsorship money raised will be treated as donations unless your sponsors contact Learn to Love to Read directly.
- By completing the registration you confirm that, to the best if your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good. You acknowledge that you are taking part in the event at your own risk.
- The minimum age for the event is 17 years old and you confirm you are 17 years old or above.
- The event is not being organised by Learn to Love to Read. To the fullest extent permitted by law Learn to Love to Read accept no liability whatsoever in respect of the event and/or your participant in the event.