ADAPTING OUR WORK FOR THE PANDEMIC
All the usual work of Learn to Love to Read - our early literacy classes for parents and toddlers, our one-to-one volunteer support for children aged 5 to 7, and our parent training - takes place on the premises of our partner primary schools in Wandsworth. With schooling interrupted, that work has had to stop.
But we are still passionate about making #everychildareader and step by step we are adapting to 'the new normal':
- We are distributing Reading for Pleasure packs to families in our partner schools, continuing to encourage a love of reading in a new way. We are hugely grateful for the funding and donations we have received to make this possible.
- We have compiled a list of recommended online resources for those educating children at home.
- We have been releasing specially-written Ten Word Tales each week since lock down began, stories inspired by 10 words chosen by local children. You can have fun spotting the words while you enjoy the stories.
- We are running a new Summer Sounds programme during the summer, short films to help families practise sounding out and blending ready for the return to school in September
- We are in the process of redesigning core aspects of our work to be delivered online.
Follow the links below if you would like to find out more.